NTP users are strongly urged to take immediate action to ensure that their NTP daemon is not susceptible to use in a reflected denial-of-service (DRDoS) attack. Please see the NTP Security Notice
for vulnerability and mitigation details, and the Network Time Foundation Blog
for more information. (January 2014) See WebHomeDev for discussion of this topic.
* Mailing List Moderators wanted
1. NTP Support Web
This is a web-based collaboration area for Community Supported Documentation for the reference implementation of NTP from www.ntp.org
. Please see the Dev Web
for NTP Development.
The main starting points in this Web are:
A list of the main sections of this Web is available in the menu on the left side of every page
1.1. Terms and Conditions
Use of the NTP Public Services Project web-site indicates your agreement with, and acceptance of, the PrivacyPolicy, the TWikiDisclaimer, and, if applicable, the PrivateWebPolicy.
1.2. Information for new users
First time visitors should visit the User Web
to learn more about the NTP TWiki and for member registration
- New NTP users should read the
Where-To-Start file included with the NTP distribution.
- Documentation for the current NTP distribution, along with additional information, is available on the documentation page.
- Community supported documentation is available in the Support Web of this site.
- NTP users who don't like to read documentation may want to refer to a QuickStart Guide.
- If you would like to find a server to get time from, please see the public NTP server list.
- If you would like to download NTP software please see the download page.
- If you would like to locate NTP software other than the reference distribution, please see the links page.
1.3. Other starting points for NTP Solutions
1.4. Useful Links
- You are currently in the Support web. The color code for this web is this background, so you know where you are.
- If you are not familiar with the NTP collaboration platform, please visit WelcomeGuest first.