NTP users are strongly urged to take immediate action to ensure that their NTP daemons are not susceptible to use in a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack. Please also take this opportunity to defeat denial-of-service attacks by implementing ingress and Egress filtering through BCP38. TWiki.WelcomeGuest:
A new set of mode 6 vulnerabilities has been discovered and, while these vulnerabilities can be reduced by making sure you have
restrict default … noquery in your
ntp.conf file, the best and most complete way to avoid these vulnerabilities is to install and deploy
ntp-4.2.8 which was released on 18 December 2014.
Please see the NTP Security Notice for vulnerability and mitigation details.
NTF needs your help to qualify to participate in the Combined Federal Campaign so we can continue our mission to improve Network Time. We only need a few thousand dollars more by December 31st - any sized donation helps! Please join an NTF Consortium or make a donation to NTF now! THANKS!
This web-site is a user-driven collaborative work-space for the NTP Public Support Project
. It is intended to support NTP users (in the Support
Web) and the NTP development process (in the Development
- New NTP users should read the
Where-To-Start file included with the NTP distribution.
- Documentation for the current NTP distribution, along with additional information, is available on the documentation page.
- Community supported documentation is available in the Support Web of this site.
- NTP users who don't like to read documentation may want to refer to a QuickStart Guide.
- If you would like to find a server to get time from, please see the public NTP server list.
- If you would like to download NTP software please see the download page.
- If you would like to locate NTP software other than the reference distribution, please see the links page.
TWiki is a flexible, powerful, secure, yet simple web-based collaboration platform. Registered
users can edit almost any TWiki page.
- You are currently in the Users web. The color code for this web is this background, so you know where you are.
- If you are not familiar with the NTP collaboration platform, please visit WelcomeGuest first.