NTP users are strongly urged to take immediate action to ensure that their NTP daemons are not susceptible to being used in distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks. Please also take this opportunity to defeat denial-of-service attacks by implementing Ingress and Egress filtering through BCP38.
ntp-4.2.8p15 was released on 23 June 2020. It addresses 1 medium-severity security issue in ntpd, and provides 13 non-security bugfixes over 4.2.8p13.
Are you using Autokey in production? If so, please contact Harlan - he's got some questions for you.
Clock Models (GSoC 2012)
The goal of this project is to analyze the usefulness of different clock models for NTP, contributing for an enhanced performance. The goal is to use filtering techniques to analyze 2 issues. The first is a parameter that provides an explicit connection between the polling interval and the accuracy of the synchronization process. The second issue is a more sophisticated model for the performance of the clock on the local system and for the network delay.
Related Items: ClockAlgorithms
Current Code may be obtained at :
- Write a program that computes the Allan deviation of a local clock using the NTP data as the time differences. The NTP data would not adjust the local clock, so that the result would be the statistical performance of the combination.
- Graphical representation of the data.
- Run the estimator for about a week.
- GUI Development
- Calculate the Allan Deviation, the Histograms, the Residuals
- Eliminate Bad-Measurements using the Allan Deviation of the Middle of the Data
- Dr. Levine algorithm for eliminating outliers
- Ransac algorithm for eliminating outliers
- Allan Deviation of the corrected sampled data
- Explanation of the results obtained. Small Report to Dr. Levine
Discussion and Comments