NTP users are strongly urged to take immediate action to ensure that their NTP daemons are not susceptible to being used in distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks. Please also take this opportunity to defeat denial-of-service attacks by implementing Ingress and Egress filtering through BCP38.
ntp-4.2.8p15 was released on 23 June 2020. It addresses 1 medium-severity security issue in ntpd, and provides 13 non-security bugfixes over 4.2.8p13.
Are you using Autokey in production? If so, please contact Harlan - he's got some questions for you.
Unit Testing - Yan
This task will be focus on the ntpd codes that are actually working but not covered by the unit test cases.
For the first peroid, I will find them out, and for the second peroid, I will write unit test cases for these codes.
Related Items: UnitTestFramework, NtpdFunctionMap, GSoC2011UnitTesting, UnitTestingNotes
- Get familiar with gtest framwork 1.5 and other tools like gcov and lcov
- Get the coverage information of ntpd program
- Find out the what parts of NTP aren't tested, maybe ntpd or libntp
- Write unit test cases for parts not tested
- Find, report and fix bugs if there are any
Discussion and Comments