NTP users are strongly urged to take immediate action to ensure that their NTP daemons are not susceptible to being used in distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks. Please also take this opportunity to defeat denial-of-service attacks by implementing Ingress and Egress filtering through BCP38.
ntp-4.2.8p15 was released on 23 June 2020. It addresses 1 medium-severity security issue in ntpd, and provides 13 non-security bugfixes over 4.2.8p13.
Are you using Autokey in production? If so, please contact Harlan - he's got some questions for you.
can use BulkRegistration
to register (i.e. create logins and UserTopics
) for a group of people quickly.
Create a table in the REGISTERTOPIC named below, setting each row to represent each user and each column to correspond to the metadata.
Then press the button on this page to perform registration for those users.
Unlike normal registration the administrator is assumed to have correct e-mail addresses for the users, so no verification is required.
Note that the new users are not notified that they have an account. This is so you can prepare and verify the accounts before announcing them.
To announce them use the BulkResetPassword
feature: this will assign a new random password and notify users.
Bulk Registration usage
Any fields you define in this table will end up in the User's topic. If a form (such as UserForm
) is attached to NewUserTemplate
then the data will go in as META:FIELDS, meaning that you can use SEARCH formfield constructs to search.
If you use the UserForm
then ensure that it contains all the fields you define here. Otherwise they will disappear when the user edits their home topic!
- Set OVERWRITEHOMETOPICS = 0
The following should be inserted into your REGISTERTOPIC as a table.
| FirstName | LastName | Email | WikiName | CustomFieldThis | SomeOtherRandomField | WhateverYouLike |
| Test | User | email@example.com | TestUser | A | B | C |
To use this:
- Make sure that the Custom fields appear on the UserForm
- Copy the above table to your clipboard
- Click through and paste this on UnprocessedRegistrations, save the topic and return here.
- Click the Bulk register button below
- Read UnprocessedRegistrationsLog
- When you are ready, use the BulkResetPassword page to assign passwords and notify the users of their new accounts.
- The first row of the table dictates the heading format and that the fieldnames must be plain, i.e. must not contain bolded entries.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the fieldnames appear in the Users.UserForm
- Only members of the TWikiAdminGroup can run this.
Return to BulkRegistration
and click the button at the bottom of the topic.
Report for Bulk Register
You are already registered
You cannot register twice, the name 'DuckCorp' is already registered.
Did you want to reset DuckCorp's password?
Alternatively hit back to go back to TWikiRegistration and choose a different username.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Failed to add user: New password did not match existing password for this user at /hog/www/support.ntp.org/twiki/lib/TWiki/Users/TWikiUserMapping.pm line 288.
Related Topics: AdminToolsCategory